Create A Guestbook
If you find this helpful please take a moment to sign my Guestbook.
Creating the Guestbook
1. Go to the Pages tab in your Editor.
2. Click the + button to add a page, then select Blog Page.
3. Title the blog page My Guestbook or Our Guestbook. Check the check-box to "Hide in Navigation".
4. Then click "Save".
8. Remove the Blog sidebar elements (Archive and Category, RSS) ect...
You could add an image of the word "Guestbook" in the sidebar as I have done, or add links to your store, blog, gallery or what have you.
Or just turn off the blog sidebar on the Settings tab of the editor. As shown in this screenshot.
Creating a Navigation Link to your Guestbook
How to link to the post itself.
Once you have published the changes, you will need to visit the published site to view your new GuestBook Blog's new post titled "Guestbook". This can be done by clicking on the Title of the post or the 'Add Comment' link.
- Copy the URL for the 'Guestbook' post.
As you can see mine is http://www.jeffreytkastner.com/my-guestbook/guestbook
- On the pages tab of the editor click the '+' button to add a page, select "External Page".
- Title the external page 'Guestbook'.
- Using the 'External Link' option, link the 'Guestbook' external link to the 'Guestbook' post, using the link for the post itself. Then click Save.
- Select the 'My Guestbook' blog page from the list of pages then check the box next to 'Hide in navigation menu' to hide the blog page from the site's navigation.
On the Pages tab of the editor select the "My Guestbook" page from the list then click on Advanced Settings.
Place the CSS in the 'Header Code' section. Click Save.
- Adding the code in the 'Advance' Settings for your Blog Guestbook will allow you to make the edits to the title and date in the editor, yet hide the title and date on the published site.
Make sure to save and publish any changes....
You should be all set.